Brett on 15 Jun, 2023 12:07 PM
I misspoke. I do store the metadata in memory and accessible to the
print system, I just don't have it set up to nest it, such that it
replaces a variable with a string and THEN replaces the variables in the
string. That shouldn't be difficult to implement though, thanks for the
Not working at all for me… anything I could be overlooking? I refreshed and restarted the Marked App… but header / footer fields entirely BLANK on output to pdf. This is my markdown metadata (the included fields are also defined)
print header left: %md_subtitle · %md_title · %md_author
print header right: page %page of %total
print footer left: More works by this author : %domain
print footer right: %date
Brett on 16 Jun, 2023 12:09 PM
Hm, looks like you're correct. I'll have to dig into the code and see
why what's there isn't working. I definitely intended this functionality
to work, but I haven't touched it in a while and it may have broken at
some point. Should have time to look into it today.
Brett on 16 Jun, 2023 12:33 PM
Ok, I'm getting some weirdness. When I test on my Intel MacBook Pro, it appears to work fine. If I test on my M1 Mac Studio, it doesn't work. What kind of system are you running on (Intel/Apple Silicon)? I do not know why that would affect it yet, but it definitely seems to (unless there's some other difference in settings I'm missing).
One other thing I would ask you to check: In Export preferences, do you have both headers and footers enabled on the first page, or are you testing with more than one page? By default headers and footers are excluded from the first page, but you probably knew that.
Brett on 16 Jun, 2023 01:22 PM
Ooh, try modifying your metadata to only have one space after the colon.
That's a bug on my end, but when I remove the multiple spaces, then it
works for me on all systems. I hadn't copy/pasted your original example
on my laptop, I had written my own, and thus had instinctively only
added on space.
aha. I had to use a single space on ALL of my metadata, but that did indeed fix it on my 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 2013 iMac!
Would be useful if can also work with my legacy files, and my intuitive use of tabs in metadata, because on Composer, makes much easer to check. Perhaps you'll let us know here, if you're able to fix that too.