Validate All Links shows a broken link on a raw URL that ends next to a period
// Please enter a detailed description of the issue // Description of the issue: Validate All Links shows a broken link on URL that ends next to a period
In the Markdown I'm using a raw URL like https://example.com/mylink. The Markdown spec says I should write raw URLs as https://example.com/mylink. So this is more of a feature request than a bug.
// Please enter a list of steps required to reproduce the issue // Steps to reproduce:
- Open file in Marked that contains the raw URL in question.
- Right-click in the file and choose Validate All Links.
- Observe a red “Not found” link for a raw URL that ends next to a period. The text displayed when hovering over the red box shows a period at the end of the URL.
- Compare the file in Marked to the version of the file rendered on GitHub, in which the URL works.
* As stated above, the URL is not coded as an inline link but just a raw URL without the angle brackets that the Markdown specs specifies. Bringing my doc in compliance by using angle brackets fixes this problem. * The link in question occurs on line 26 in the attached README.md. * The GitHub version of this file is https://github.com/spiffe/spire-tutorials/tree/master/k8s/oidc-vault
// If applicable please attach a sample document that causes the issue for you. Done.
// Configuration (do not edit) Marked 2 1010 (Mac App Store)
macOS Version: 10.14.6
defaultProcessor: Discount (GFM)
folderPreviewExtensionsArray: md, markdown, txt, mdown, html, opml
- README.md 20.1 KB
Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.
|?||Show this help|
|ESC||Blurs the current field|
|r||Focus the comment reply box|
|^ + ↩||Submit the comment|
You can use
Command ⌘ instead of
Control ^ on Mac
Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 15 Dec, 2020 09:25 PM
Raw urls are supported only by the built-in GFM processor, and as you
noted are not part of the Markdown spec. In order for me to fix this
issue, I'd have to make changes to the bundled library, which I'd prefer
not to do.
My recommendation would be to use the angle brackets, which will work on
both Github and literally any other Markdown processor, should you ever
need your Markdown to work elsewhere.
2 Posted by Steve Anderson on 15 Dec, 2020 10:14 PM
Hi Brett - Thanks for the reply. I understand your take. This issue can be closed.
Support Staff 3 Posted by Brett on 15 Dec, 2020 10:23 PM
For the record, it IS annoying that the GFM library supports raw links but can't differentiate a sentence terminator…