Maintaining text marked as "Headings" with Word/RTF Export

jonathan.cisco

09 Jun, 2014 09:07 PM

When exporting to Word or RTF, I figured that the headings would be "marked" as headings.

For example, I want to create a table of contents through word (because I need page numbers in the table of contents). But all exported, though formatted appropriately, is marked as 'normal' or freeform text.

Am I missing something?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 09 Jun, 2014 09:37 PM

This is not at all meant to sound snippy, but there are probably a dozen
    conversations on this topic throughout this forum. If you do a search
    and don't find a relevant conversation, please let me know.

2. 2 Posted by jonathan.cisco on 10 Jun, 2014 02:03 PM

Sorry, Brett. I may not be searching for the correct terms, but I can't find anything that answers this question. The only relevant thing I'm finding is my own question (searching for table of contents, page numbers, etc.).

I must be missing something.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Brett on 10 Jun, 2014 02:19 PM

I apologize for any wild goose chases. Some of the conversations I'm referring to ended up being marked "Private," and some don't have headings/keywords that would show up for a pertinent search.

Here are a couple, but I'll go ahead and respond further:

The issue is that even Word itself doesn't create "heading" styles when importing HTML, which is what Marked has to output first before conversion. I'm working on a system that actually builds the XML for the DOCX one step at a time, but styling is proving difficult and it's not my top priority for the next release. It is a top priority after that one's out the door, though.

4. 4 Posted by jonathan.cisco on 10 Jun, 2014 10:12 PM

Thanks, Brett. Should’ve known it was a Word issue. As always, looking forward to your updates! I’ll seek out a different solution for the moment.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac