Image locations in Scrivener

Tjeerd

22 Jun, 2012 12:00 PM

Hi Brett,

I am just discovering the power of multimarkdown and your great app is doing much to convince me. I have a lot of stuff in Scrivener and Marked seems a great tool to translate that to html-pages. I'm now even considering if I can use a scrivener document as a base repository for a fairly complex website. I have two questions (the first one the most important one):

1. How can I include images that I have stored in Scrivener in Marked?
  2. Is there a way to mimic the Scrivener file structure in the html output? I want each scrivener subfile to become a separate html-file.

Thanks,

Tjeerd

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 22 Jun, 2012 12:29 PM

Sorry, you can't do number 1 (Scrivener stores those in a database Marked can't access) and Marked generates a concatenated preview, doesn't deal with individual files. Scrivener is not the ideal application for what you want to do. It's designed to create compiled documents, not be an information organizer in the way you're looking for.

-Brett

2. 2 Posted by Tjeerd on 22 Jun, 2012 04:16 PM

Dear Brett,

thanks. But I come surprisingly far with the export function of Scrivener. I'm I can make it work eventually. I think I should be able to keep the website in sync with Scrivener without too much of a hassle.

Anyway: as workaround for the image in the Scriver database I can set-up an alternative database with the pictures and simply hardcode a relative path. However I could not figure out where to put that folder. Do you know?

-Tjeerd

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Brett on 22 Jun, 2012 04:20 PM

If you use an absolute path, you can put it anywhere you like. If you want to use the live preview of the compiled version in Marked with relative image paths, the preview file is in the ~/Library/Application Support/Marked/ScrivWatcher folder. Each project gets its own file based on the name of the Scrivener document. It won't cause any issues to add an images folder in there, but that location may change when Marked is sandboxed for the next version. Just FYI.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac