Marked as a Command Line Processor

jmquigley

15 Mar, 2013 08:08 PM

Can the Marked application be used from the command line to batch process a markdown file and turn it into an HTML file (while using all of the preferences for the app)? I like your built in processor and generated HTML. I tried some of the custom processors, but all of them have parts that do not process in the same way. You greatly simplify the fenced code and math parts. I know I can open the preview and save it, but I was hoping that I could just skip this middle step and go right to the HTML files for a large set of files. TIA.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 15 Mar, 2013 08:12 PM

Not yet, but it's planned for the future.

2. 2 Posted by Kaelin on 15 Apr, 2013 12:09 PM

+1

3. 3 Posted by pprazzi on 20 Jun, 2013 09:34 AM

+1 In combination with Hazel this could make some killer workflows

4. 4 Posted by Valentine Nikit... on 08 Dec, 2016 04:47 PM

Any news about the topic? Is in possible to convert a markdown file and turn it into an HTML file using command line, please?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Brett on 09 Dec, 2016 07:37 PM

Still a future plan. In the meantime, it's not terribly difficult to use a processor with a CLI like MultiMarkdown, Discount, Pandoc, Kramdown, or maruku to render the HTML and apply a set stylesheet. Not all the bells and whistles of Marked, but for automated or batch HTML generation it works.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac