Marked as a Command Line Processor

jmquigley

15 Mar, 2013 08:08 PM

Can the Marked application be used from the command line to batch process a markdown file and turn it into an HTML file (while using all of the preferences for the app)? I like your built in processor and generated HTML. I tried some of the custom processors, but all of them have parts that do not process in the same way. You greatly simplify the fenced code and math parts. I know I can open the preview and save it, but I was hoping that I could just skip this middle step and go right to the HTML files for a large set of files. TIA.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 15 Mar, 2013 08:12 PM

Not yet, but it's planned for the future.

2. 2 Posted by Kaelin on 15 Apr, 2013 12:09 PM

+1

3. 3 Posted by pprazzi on 20 Jun, 2013 09:34 AM

+1 In combination with Hazel this could make some killer workflows

4. 4 Posted by Valentine Nikit... on 08 Dec, 2016 04:47 PM

Any news about the topic? Is in possible to convert a markdown file and turn it into an HTML file using command line, please?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Brett on 09 Dec, 2016 07:37 PM

Still a future plan. In the meantime, it's not terribly difficult to use a processor with a CLI like MultiMarkdown, Discount, Pandoc, Kramdown, or maruku to render the HTML and apply a set stylesheet. Not all the bells and whistles of Marked, but for automated or batch HTML generation it works.

6. 6 Posted by greatassignment... on 23 Mar, 2017 10:36 AM

Hello everyone
    i agree with staff members. Still a future plan. In the meantime, it's not terribly difficult to use a processor with a CLI like MultiMarkdown, Discount, Pandoc, Kramdown, or maruku to render the HTML and apply a set stylesheet. Not all the bells and whistles of Marked, but for automated or batch HTML generation it works.
    best regards
    steve smith
    writer at best dissertation proposal writing in UK.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac