Pandoc support

's Avatar

escribidor

25 Apr, 2012 04:31 AM

Brett,

Thank you for creating Marked, it's great. Lately, I have been using Pandoc a lot (to generate PDF from Multimarkdown), and I wonder if you have any plans to support Pandoc's metadata (Title block: http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#TOC). It's dead simple (the metadata), and very useful as there is nothing of the sort in the standard Multimarkdown.
Thank you,

José

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 25 Apr, 2012 02:52 PM

MultiMarkdown does support metadata, but it's a different format than Pandoc. It also triggers a complete document render instead of the partial code Marked needs to wrap the previews in its own HTML, so its stripped during preview (but not during export unless specifically requested).

I don't currently plan to support Pandoc's metadata directly, but if you set Pandoc up as a custom processor all of the metadata will be available in the preview and export without causing issues. Let me know if you need assistance getting that working.

2. 2 Posted by Jose on 26 Apr, 2012 06:47 AM

Brett,

Thank your for the prompt reply. Multimarkdown does support metadata, but, although comprehensive, it doesn't support the three element that are indispensable in most documents: Name, Author(s), Date.
    I did set up pandoc in the "Custom Markdown Processor" but I don't see the difference in the preview (see enclosed images). Or, perhaps, I didn't understand the last paragraph in your email.
    Cordially,

José
    PS.

Without Custom Markdown Processor

Using pandoc as Custom Markdown Processor

Running the same markdown file through pandoc to get a PDF

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Brett on 26 Apr, 2012 06:57 AM

Can you show me a screenshot of your current settings under the Behavior panel of Marked Preferences?

4. 4 Posted by Jose on 26 Apr, 2012 06:15 PM

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Brett on 26 Apr, 2012 06:39 PM

You need a full path to pandoc, e.g. `/usr/local/bin/pandoc`.

6. 6 Posted by Jose on 26 Apr, 2012 08:14 PM

Brett,

I also had to remove the `-H` option under `Args:` to get it to work.
    Thank you for your help.
    Cordially,

José

7. Brett closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2012 04:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac