Select All, Copy is also copying the Table of Contents html

Simon

18 Oct, 2012 09:35 PM

I've found an annoying behavior in the preview window. If I hit select all and then copy and paste the formatted text, it also includes the table of contents at the end in a black box with links to the file on my hard drive. If I carefully select everything without using Cmd-A, then I get the behavior I intended.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 18 Oct, 2012 09:42 PM

I'm not seeing this behavior on my development version, so I may have inadvertently fixed this already. Does it happen on all files, or on particularly long ones with a lot of items in the TOC?

2. 2 Posted by Simon Ganz on 18 Oct, 2012 10:04 PM

I've tried it with files with only one header and it still copies the table of contents.

To be more specific: If I hit select all, then copy, then paste into a blank textmate file, the table of contents info appears at the bottom of the document. If I paste into something more rich text or html text friendly like a gmail compose mail window, the table doesn't appear in the compose window but does appear in the sent message.

Thanks,
    Simon

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Brett on 08 Nov, 2012 05:23 PM

I'll have to look into this further, thanks for the report.

4. 4 Posted by Immo Junghärtch... on 16 May, 2018 03:47 PM

I'll even raise you one:
    If the mouse pointer hovers over an image and I then select all and copy text, the table of content and the mouse-over message from the bottom of the Marked window gets appended to the selected text. See appended image for an example.

Maybe this helps to get rid of this slightly irritating behavior.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Brett on 16 May, 2018 04:47 PM

Fixed for next update.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac