can't even figure out how to start using this

Beth C.

01 Sep, 2013 06:04 PM

Please help!
I must be doing something terribly wrong with this app. There is no command I can find for starting a new document. When I start it, there isn't even a blank window.
I opened another document (which was exported in Markdown format by another app), and there is no way to edit it. I see no controls-- is there a panel of some kind that is not visible for me? If I try to type directly in the document nothing happens, as if it is read-only.
Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Mitchell on 01 Sep, 2013 07:50 PM

Marked is a Markdown previewer and exporter, not an editor. Read the description.

2. 2 Posted by Barbara R. on 31 Jul, 2017 04:39 AM

I agree with Beth C. How is one supposed to compose a document with this app--it won't even let me type anything! Mitchell said it's a "Markdown previewer and exporter, not an editor." So what use is it? Sure hope I got this app free as I have no idea how to use it!

3. 3 Posted by Beth C. on 31 Jul, 2017 02:05 PM

I was surprised to see this thread resurrected; it was from 2013!
    Just to be clear, I DID figure out how to use the app. Read the instructions :)

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Brett on 01 Aug, 2017 12:48 PM

@Barbara I'm not certain what you're expecting Marked to be and in what way it's not living up to those expectations. For writers working in Markdown, Marked adds a live, rendered preview of the document you're editing, regardless of what editor you prefer to work in. You simply drag the same file you're editing to Marked, and then Marked watches for changes and updates the preview every time the file is written to (saved). http://marked2app.com/help/Opening_Files.html

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac