Preview and print problems with enumeration of ordered lists

tehonebeast

19 Aug, 2019 12:52 PM

Version 2.5.33 (974) on High Sierra 10.13.6

I am using markdown to make quizzes leverging the markdown todos - [ ] and <br /> code for short answer questions. The numbering is a bit odd in Marked preview, but turns out fine on print. It switches to bullets (see screenshot).

The other issue I have is that when I use a --- to create a pagebreak for print, it restarts the numbering. I would prefer if it didn't for this use case. See sample doc and PDF output.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 19 Aug, 2019 02:33 PM

As far as the bullets in the preview, that's odd and I'll need to look into it.

The hr as page break is still an HR, and will correctly reset a list. You may be able to avoid that by instead using the WordPress syntax <!--more--> for the page break.

Thanks,
    Brett

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Brett on 20 Aug, 2019 04:46 PM

Ok, I had a chance to do some testing. Regarding the bullets in the preview, that's a change I'll need to make to the internal CSS, but it comes down to Marked forcing a bullet on anything containing a task list. I can't recall at this point if I did this because it's the way GitHub handled it, or if I just made a mistake. I'll look into it. In the meantime, if you want, you can fix it by going to Preferences->Style->Additional CSS, clicking the Edit CSS button, and inserting:

ol li.task-list { list-style-type: decimal; }

I also tested alternative page break syntax, but anything that creates an element outside of the list is going to cause a new numbered list to start. That's just the way Markdown works, not something Marked is going to work around.

3. 3 Posted by tehonebeast on 20 Aug, 2019 05:19 PM

Ok thanks for the support!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Quiz_Sample.md 1.56 KB
  • Quiz_Sample.pdf 39.8 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2019-08-19_at_8.50.24_AM.png 94.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac