Fountain page breaks

rm

22 Apr, 2019 04:50 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: Mismatch between preview and print output for header numbering

I'm writing in fountain.

The print export pagebreaks never line up with the "---" pagebreaks in the preview.

You need to improve the @mediaprint CSS for the pdf export, otherwise this app is useless for people who need to print

pdf output never produces what you see on the screen, when processing as fountain.

bummed.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 22 Apr, 2019 04:51 PM

I split this off into a new ticket for you, given you jumped into a completely unrelated discussion.

You're writing in Fountain. Fountain page breaks are created with ===. --- breaks are only for Markdown documents. Please use the appropriate syntax and your output should be exactly what you expect.

2. 2 Posted by rm on 23 Apr, 2019 10:50 PM

OK, let me rephrase the issue. I purchased your app and I like it, but it does not work for .fountain files due to page break issues for print or pdf.

For example, download any fountain file, for example https://fountain.io/_downloads/Big-Fish.fountain

open in Marked 2 and process as fountain.

Try to print or render to pdf … or just look at print preview.

inserts page breaks that are not in the markdown, leading to pages that are mostly blank, with a few orphaned lines. It is not about me using the appropriate syntax.

I had to use another app to output to correctly formatted pdf.

Good luck with this fix, Marked 2 is a good app despite this current limitation.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Brett on 24 Apr, 2019 04:08 PM

Attached is my PDF output of Big Fish. It's exactly the same as what is being shown in the preview. I feel like you may have found a preference setting that's conflicting with Fountain rendering, likely under export options. Could you attach a screenshot of your Preferences->Export screen for me? Also, are you always using "Process as Fountain" or are your files named with a .fountain extension? (which would make Fountain processing automatic.)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac