Marked 2 crashes when used with Pandoc as custom processor

enrico.scarpella

22 Feb, 2019 08:22 PM

Dear Brett,

I have been trying to use Marked 2 (Version 2.5.30 (969)) with Pandoc as custom processor, but every time I try to do that Marked 2 crashes.

In the path to Pandoc, I tried both usr/local/bin/pandoc, which is an alias, and /usr/local/Cellar/pandoc/2.6/bin/pandoc, which is where the file really is. When I enter the path and click enter, Marked 2 responds with a green "OK" to the right of the path box in the Marked 2 Preference window.

In the argument, I have -f markdown_mmd -t docx --reference-doc=/Users/enricoscarpella\ 1/Documents/Work/Research/Material,\ Methods\ \&\ Tools/Reading\ \&\ Writing/Templates/Pandoc\ Templates/20180916\ -\ rt\ -\ cmu\ latex\ ms\ template\ -\ es01.docx -s -o.

My .md file is a file generated by exporting an index.md file with Marked 2 and the default processor as described in https://marked2app.com/help/Multi-File_Documents.html (by the way, I love this feature: thank you so much for adding it!).

If I run Pandoc on this file from the Terminal using "name of the file to be converted.md" -f markdown_mmd -t docx --reference-doc=/Users/enricoscarpella\ 1/Documents/Work/Research/Material,\ Methods\ \&\ Tools/Reading\ \&\ Writing/Templates/Pandoc\ Templates/20180916\ -\ rt\ -\ cmu\ latex\ ms\ template\ -\ es01.docx -s -o "name of the converted file.docx" everything works perfectly.

Would you have any suggestion? Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Enrico

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 22 Feb, 2019 09:39 PM

It looks like you're trying to output DOCX to Marked's preview, which is
    not going to work. You need to output HTML.

-Brett

2. 2 Posted by enrico.scarpell... on 22 Feb, 2019 10:40 PM

Thank you very much for the prompt and helpful reply, Brett: of course, you are right, what was I thinking?... (Thank you for not pointing that out).

Best regards,
    Enrico

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac