Flashes on update

Christian Frankel

30 Nov, 2018 09:19 AM

Hi,

Again thanks for a great program.

For some time Marked2 has been flashing on update. It is as if the Marked2 window gets black for a moment and then lightens up again. It has somewhat same effect as a broken fluorescent tube — quite distracting.

I may have caused it by altering some settings in the preference, but cannot make it go away. Can you help on this?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 30 Nov, 2018 03:52 PM

Not sure what would causing this. Do you have MathJax enabled?

-Brett

2. 2 Posted by Christian Frank... on 01 Dec, 2018 12:48 PM

No, no MathJax enabled.

I’ll do a fresh install and see if that solves it. How do I remove ‘old seettings’ in order to do such a fresh install?

Thank you.
    Christian

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Brett on 02 Dec, 2018 06:44 PM

Resetting preferences depends on which version you have installed (Direct or Mac App Store). Let me know which you have and I'll show you how.

(Reinstalling the app will very likely have zero effect, resetting the preferences is far more effective for troubleshooting.)

-Brett

4. 4 Posted by Christian Frank... on 03 Dec, 2018 02:03 PM

I use the direct download version.

Thank you — did try to reinstall, but as you said, it did not change my prefs.

All the best,
    Christian

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Brett on 03 Dec, 2018 05:10 PM

Ok:

To delete your preferences with the direct (non-MAS) version of Marked 2:

1. Quit Marked 2
    2. Delete the file at ~/Library/Preferences/com.brettterpstra.marked2.plist (and any other files starting with com.brettterpstra.marked2). If you're not sure how to access this folder, open Finder and press ⌘⇧G, then paste "~/Library/Preferences" (without quotes) into the box.
    3. Reboot the computer (this is important as OS X aggressively caches preferences and may just restore the deleted file without your knowledge.
    4. Launch Marked 2

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac