Marked 2 freezes after launch

magurius

17 Jun, 2018 06:29 PM

I'm running Marked 2 2.5.18. After downloading it, I successfully tried it with BBEdit, NVAlt and, after learning of the specific bundle, with TexMate. But on the next session, TexMate asked for the installation of Redcarpet Pigment (screen capture 1) and Marked 2 just froze. From that moment on, every time Marked 2 starts, I only get what you could see on screen capture 2.
Any idea on how to solve it?

Magurius

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 17 Jun, 2018 06:38 PM

I'm not seeing any screen captures attached here, but I would recommend opening Terminal and running open -F -o "Marked 2" to make sure there's not a particular file that's causing a hang when it tries to re-open the last session.

2. 2 Posted by magurius on 17 Jun, 2018 06:59 PM

Brett,

Thanks for your quick answer.
    I’m sending both screen captures and asking for help with Terminal command. What is the meaning of “-o” after “open fresh”?

jgp

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Brett on 17 Jun, 2018 10:40 PM

Apologies, that -o should have been -a ("with application").

- Brett

4. 4 Posted by magurius on 18 Jun, 2018 07:39 AM

Brett,

Done!

Marked 2 works fine and I could start it from both BBEdit and NVAlt. Now, I need to identify why TexMate doesn’t display .md files.

Thanks for your support

Joaquín L. Gómez-Pantoja

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Brett on 18 Jun, 2018 03:48 PM

Which TextMate bundle exactly are you using to launch Marked?

-Brett

6. 6 Posted by magurius on 20 Jun, 2018 08:59 AM

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Brett on 20 Jun, 2018 10:48 AM

The Marked 2 bundle opens fine in Marked 2 for me. The output you show is from the internal Markdown Preview command, which has nothing to do with Marked. Is there just some confusion about which commands are from the bundle, or am I misunderstanding the question?

To get the internal preview working, you'll need to install the requested packages with gem install.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac