Marked2 and Ulysses 3

Manuel Alonso

15 Jun, 2018 11:58 PM

I do not see the "send to" Marked2 as an option in Ulysses 3, even if the type in Ulysses is selected as Markdown per instructions.... all you can send to is Spark, Mail, Notes...

1. 1 Posted by Manuel Alonso on 16 Jun, 2018 12:20 AM

So I can make this work, but to be clear there is not possible to do "live"previews in Marked2 from Ulysses 3 at this point, event if I am working with an external folder that stores the md files in Dropbox?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Brett on 16 Jun, 2018 02:00 AM

Actually, it should work fine with external folders.

3. 3 Posted by a.h.jaffe on 28 Jun, 2018 10:52 AM

I am also confused about if it's possible to get a live preview from Ulysses (as stated in the docs!). I can preview by hand from the share-to application toolbar item, or similarly from the preview - application toolbar item, but in neither case does it seem to be "live". Not a big deal, but it would be nice...

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Brett on 28 Jun, 2018 11:04 AM

If you're working with external files, marked should update every time you save the file. Make sure that the original file from Dropbox is what's open in Marked, make a change and hit cmd-s. It should update.

- Brett

5. 5 Posted by a.h.jaffe on 28 Jun, 2018 11:07 AM

Ah, I didn't realise it only applied to external files. That's a bit of a bummer, but I guess I understand why that might be the case.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Brett on 28 Jun, 2018 11:09 AM

Right. In the case of internal database, there's nothing that marked can access to watch outside of the application.

- Brett

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac