Bugs in 2.5.13

Nigel Chapman

13 May, 2018 12:30 PM

Hi,

I've run into a couple of oddities with the latest releases when doing some custom CSS. (Definitely 2.5.13 and 2.5.12, can't say about anything earlier.)

First, in full-screen mode only, if I bring up the Preferences dialogue, select the Style panel, and click the Edit CSS button, the dialogue for entering the custom CSS appears behind the main Prefs dialogue, and only comes to the front when either dialogue is clicked or moved. Not serious, but annoying. I see this on both a MacBook Air running MacOS 10.13.3 and an iMac running 10.13.4.

The second one is more difficult to describe and trigger, and I only see it on the MacBook Air, I can't duplicate the behaviour on the iMac. (But different OS versions…) Again, in full-screen mode, with a document open, bring up the Web Inspector, show its sidebar and select the Styles view. In the elements view on the left, select a paragraph. (It probably doesn't matter what you select, but this makes it clear.) The styles sidebar will show all the applied styles. Move the cursor over one of the rules. The document gets covered with blue and orange boxes. I think these are showing the box dimensions of each element the rule applies to, though they don't look quite right. Anyway, they don't go away when the cursor is moved away, or move when the document is scrolled. They don't even go away when the document is closed – since we're in full-screen, the focus moves to the desktop's space (I have Group windows by application set in System Preferences>Mission Control), and the coloured rectangles are still there. The only way to get rid of them is to quit Marked.

Neither of these is especially serious as most users probably don't often need to hack the CSS, but I thought you should know.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 15 May, 2018 12:44 PM

I don't have a lot of control over the WebKit inspector, unfortunately. The first issue might be easily solved by switching it to the view that embeds it directly in the window you're working on, rather than in a separate window. The second one is definitely the inspector showing padding/margin/boundaries of elements, but it should only show the one that the mouse is hovering over. I've seen this same issue when using Safari's web inspector (and Chrome's actually), and often slowing the movement of the mouse over the DOM listing will allow it to catch up and only highlight one element, clearing the rest. It's possible that the issue has something to do with full screen mode, but I use standard methods for going full screen and I'm quite uncertain that there's anything I can do to fix that issue.

Thanks,
    Brett

2. 2 Posted by Nigel Chapman on 15 May, 2018 03:34 PM

Thanks for looking into this.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac