Feature request: Include xhtml files in folder watching feature

Isaac

25 Sep, 2017 01:10 PM

I've recently started developing ebooks for the Standard Ebooks project, and realized this morning that Marked would be a perfect companion to ebook development. Marked's ability to auto-reload when a file is changed has already proven a huge time saver for me.

One feature I'd love to use is opening a folder instead of a file, and having Marked watch for and automatically load the most recently changed file. The problem is, for this feature looks specifically for HTML, Markdown, or plain text files in a folder, but ebook files are .xhtml files. Marked gives me an error message (screenshot attached) when I try to have it watch a folder of xhtml.

I am able to open xhtml files directly, but Marked ignores them when watching a folder. Could xhtml be added to the type of files that Marked looks for within a folder?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 25 Sep, 2017 01:18 PM

Hi Isaac,

Just add the extension in Preferences>Apps>Folders: "Only preview files with these extensions". It's unwise to turn that restriction off entirely, otherwise Marked has to manually check every file that changes to see if it can display it, which is pretty slow. But if you add "xhtml" as a token there, it should work fine for the ebook.

-Brett

2. 2 Posted by Isaac on 25 Sep, 2017 01:22 PM

haha, I should've known there would already be a setting for this. Thanks Brett!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2017-09-25_at_8.06.40_AM.png 105 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac