>1. What version of Marked 2 are you running?
2. Could you attach a text file containing your list of avoid words?
- wordlist attached to this email
- In Marked I added an URL, see screenshot. Maybe this causes an issue. Unfortunately I can edit the list in Marked anymore.
3. Could you open Utilities/Console.app and provide a crash report?
>The easiest step to try would be deleting all of Marked's preferences,
I was looking for this and reinstalled the app, but no success, how can I do this?
Brett on 05 Mar, 2016 02:33 PM
Ok, I tested with your word list and tried adding urls but was unable to
get a crash or hang. I would suggest trashing preferences and trying
again. The instructions are different for the Mac App Store and
direct-purchase versions, which are you running?
Brett on 05 Mar, 2016 03:38 PM
Ok, so here's how to clear the preferences. Note that this is going to
reset ALL your settings, including any custom CSS, mathjax settings,
1. Quit Marked
2. Delete the folder at ~/Library/Containers/com.brettterpstra.marked2
(note that you can zip this folder into an archive as a backup before
deleting if you would like the option to restore settings in the case
that the preference reset has no effect)
3. Empty the trash and reboot the computer
Next time you launch Marked, it should start fresh. You'll need to set
any preferences that had been changed since the first launch. Let me
know if this fixes the issue.
I did also notice that your avoid word list seemed to have a space at
the beginning of every line. This shouldn't cause problems, but may be
worth fixing just in case. I'd also avoid using slashes (such as in the
URL), as they can trigger interpreting the word as a regular expression.
Again, I don't think this is actually an issue in this case, but worth
trying to be sure.