Slow validation of external links in Marked 2

tom.stoeckel

02 Feb, 2016 12:21 AM

One of many things I do with Marked is validate external links in reports that I create in Markdown. Each week I have a report that includes roughly 150 URLs and I use Marked to make sure the links are all good before I send it out. It's a feature of Marked that I rely on heavily. The issue is that the validation process for Marked 2 is extremely slow as compared to Marked 1. In fact, I keep Marked 1 on my system solely for that reason: it runs the external link validation process so much faster.

Today I decided to compare the validation times of the two versions. A Markdown file with 142 URLs validated in under 3 minutes in Marked 1 and almost 11 minutes in Marked 2. In the end, the results were exactly same (valid links vs broken links) but Marked 2 took about 75% longer to give me that result. Now…the fact that it returns valid results for all the links instead of timing out early (like previous versions of Marked 2 did) is still a positive but I'm wondering if there is a way to improve the speed of that process?

Thanks,
Tom

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brett on 02 Feb, 2016 03:04 PM

I've heard a couple mentions of slower link validation recently. The
    method for it has changed to allow a little more flexibility, but I'll
    look into how that may have slowed it down.

-Brett

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac