Marked 2 crashes at start 100% of time

bradpdx

12 Jan, 2016 12:31 PM

Running latest MAS version of Marked 2 on El Capitan 10.11.2. Machine is stock MBP 13" retina, with 8GB RAM (FWIW).

I've been using Marked 2 for a short while (about 10 days), it was working well. I restarted my Mac after installing the Sound Siphon demo (http://staticz.com) and since then, Marked 2 crashes immediately upon launch. Sound Siphon installs an audio driver, I cannot say how that may affect things. All other applications appear to be fine.

I have tried restarting the Mac again, no change. I have tried directly opening a text file using Marked 2 (using the application pick list in the Finder), no change. I have tried deleting the one custom CSS file I made, no change.

The crash log (attached) reports the following:

Crashed Thread: 1 Dispatch queue: Processing :: NSOperation 0x7fcbc9579310 (QOS: USER_INTERACTIVE)

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Can only send messages on the main thread'
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
abort() called

1. 1 Posted by bradpdx on 12 Jan, 2016 12:39 PM

I appear to have fixed this issue (maybe):

• Removed Marked 2
    • Deleted folder ~Library/Containers/com.brettterpstra.marked2
    • Reinstalled Marked 2 from MAS

Seems to work, and has survived 1 application restart. Oddly (?) my preferences were retained, so I'm still missing something.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Brett on 12 Jan, 2016 12:54 PM

Odd. I'm working on one issue that only affects the direct version, haven't seen this bug. Let me know if the success continues, and if crashes begin again and you can pinpoint any precipitating changes, please share.

Preferences in 10.10 and higher are very aggressively cached, so a hard delete (empty trash) and reboot are often required. If things are working, though…

Thanks,

Brett

3. 3 Posted by bradpdx on 12 Jan, 2016 04:05 PM

I'll be sure to keep you posted as I take it through its paces. Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by bradpdx on 14 Jan, 2016 06:08 PM

Update: I have been using Marked 2 for the past 2 days, running it all the time at work. I have restarted my Mac twice (once to install something, the other just to see what happened to Marked 2).

The result? Marked 2 is working perfectly.

Previously, I had noted that Marked 2 didn't always seem to detect changes in my text doc folder - I had to quit and restart the app perhaps twice a day. Now it simply works exactly as it should, bingo!

The gremlins have left the building. Thanks for your help.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Marked_2_crash_log.txt 75.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac